January 24, 2022 11:00 am
Happy New Year! Here we are again at the start of a new year.
Peel season has been upon us for some time, but now we are in it full swing! It’s that time of year when you begin getting fit for summertime at your local gym. (YAAAY!!) But to go along with that summer bod you’re working on, how about some fresh skin to glisten under the sunlight?
And I do mean that quite literally.
So let me introduce you to the science of chemical peels. Chemical peels are chemical exfoliants (best performed by an esthetician) that were created to improve the overall tone and texture of the skin, by removing the outermost skin layers.
If we break it down, chemical peels accelerate our skin cells’ turn over rate, (i.e. its life span). Cells are born. They live. They age. They die, and the process starts all over again. In our youth the average cell cycle is approximately 28 days, but as we age that life span grows older, to as many as 90 days in our 50s and 60s.
This aging skin leads to fine lines, wrinkles, sun spots, loss of collagen and elasticity, and uneven asphyxiated dull complexion.
A peel will push forward those aging and dead skin cells, replacing them with baby skin that has not been exposed to environmental impurities & UV damage.
Thus we have brighter, tighter, and toner skin.
But what about youthful oily, & acneic skin types?
Well ingredients like lactic and salicylic acid go to work in order to break down those unsightly pustules and papules (which are pimples) that we hate to see, sending us on our way to a clear, breakout-free complexion.
Below are some common acids and ingredients often found in chemical peels to refine the skin’s complexion:
- Alpha-Lipolic Acid (Thioctic Acid) – interferes with Hyperpigmentation
- Emblica – reduces discoloration & visible aging signs
- Gluconolactone – moisturizing & clears complexion
- Maelic Acid – lightens age spots, reduces body acne, may
- Mandelic Acid – improves hyperpigmentation, effective on inflammatory acne
- Lactic – breaks down dead skin cells, hydrates new skin
- Salicylic – promotes clear complexion
- Silymarin – suppresses UVB sunburn cells
- TCA – minimizes fine lines, wrinkles, and acne scarring
Click here to view the skin peel services I offer, and then book your appointment today, so you too can can peel off 2021 and bring out a newer, fresher you!